Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kampachi @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

OVERALL: ****
Food: ****
Price: ***
Ambience: ****
Service: ***

"Exquisite Japanese cuisine from Ginza trained culinary masters presented as an art form. For the first time in Kuala Lumpur, handmade soba noodles are made fresh at the restaurant daily. Savour the best of Japanese food here in Kampachi!" - Pavillion KL website

Kampachi is a fine dining japanese restaurant located on the sixth floor of Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, where all the other fine dining restaurants are. I assumed that it must be good since it was a saturday night and the restaurant was crowded with customers.


I ordered a salad with crsipy salmon skin. Although it looked simple, it definitely made into the list of my all time favourite salads. The salmon skin was fried just nice that you can hear the clear crispy sound as you chew, matched with a salad dressing which had a slightly sour taste and just simply divine! 



Sushi!



Feeling like including more fruits and vegetables into my diet (struggling to meet the recommended 5 a day portion of fruits and vegetables), I asked if the chef could fry me some mixed vegetables, and Taadaa!


The very famous fresh handmade sobas.

Desserts!
'Fried Ice Cream' caught my eye in the menu. I remember the last time I had it at another restaurant and love it so much that I fell into depression when I found out one day that they no longer serve it ahaha...... But, their version wasn't like what I expected. It had a thick crust wrapped around the ice cream in a ball, but the crust was soft... :( I miss scooping the ice cold ice cream with its hot and crispy crust and put them into my mouth together. It was a very exciting 'hot and cold' sensation that you don't get very often, although Katy Perry have had a few similar experience in her own ways.


As mentioned, this is a fine dining restaurant, the price at the higher side, but you will get what you pay for, Japanese food lovers would love it. 

Location:  Pavillion KL, Lot No. 6.09.00, Level 6
Tel. :        03-2148 9608
Website : http://www.kampachi.com.my/ or click here for Pavilion's website

No comments:

Post a Comment