Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course 1 - 1st Class

Whoa... I have been really busy recently. Nevertheless, my Roaring Tiger Weekends 2010 project has succesfully commenced on March! As you can see, it is already mid-April now, I have so much updating to do for my blog. I have been actively participating in some fun-filled classes. Guess what it is... Yes! I have enrolled myself at ICCA (International Centre of Cake Artistry) HQ at Sunway Damansara, which offers the Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course.



I registered for Cake Decorating Course 1 - Discover Cake Decorating which costs me RM 550 for 4 lessons. I chose to have the classes on 4 consecutive sundays from 11 to 1.30 pm, which is the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of March, as the other options fall on weekdays afternoon.

On our 1st class, we were all given a Wilton book and a student kit comprising of decorating tips, bags, spatula, brush etc.


There were about 11 students in the class. The 1st class was easy and rather boring as it mainly involved theory, but I can assure you that the following classes were all challenging hands on training. My instructor, Azalia Zainal started the class by introducing us to the fundamentals of cake decorating such as the recipe for class buttercream icing, icing consistency, decorating bag position and pressure control. She then did a little demo on preparing and icing the cake, and made some simple decorations on the cake.

 

Now here comes the best part, before we left the class, we were told to bring an 8 inches cake, frosted with buttercream icing for our next class. That was when I thought oh dear... I am on my own now...

If you are interested in joining ICCA, their contacts are as follows:
Address:
Wisma ICCA,
1, Jalan PJU 5/15,
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 03-6140 8835
Fax: 03-6142 1501
E-mail: inquiry@2decoratecakes.com
Operating Hours:
Mon to Saturday : 10am - 8pm
Sunday : 10am - 5pm

P/Holiday : Closed
They have 2 other branches located at Section 14, PJ and Desa Sri Hartamas, KL. You can find more information regarding ICCA centres and classes with location maps on their website. Click here to visit the website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment