Friday, April 16, 2010

The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course 1 - 4th Class

GRADUATION DAY!

24th March 2010. On this auspicious day, we had our last class for cake decorating course 1. Before I blog about my final class, I would like to grab this opportunity to thank my instructor, Azalia Zainal for her patience and guidance, and also my classmates for their support along the way sob sob... Now, let's not overeact and get too sentimental ahaha...

My cake was successfully covered with a smoooothhh layer of icing, but my Wilton roses were err... let's just say that I would be very happy and grateful if anyone could even recognize them.

Many of us had been asking this question in the past few classes, how do we do brush striping? As promised, our instructor taught us how to do it. And thus, we could make even more attractive roses.


Then, we had to make sweet peas, bows, leaves and vines on our practise board before we were given time to decorate our graduation cake.



Our final creations. Don't they look impressive? I say they are definitely head turners. Can you spot mine from the picture?


The answer is....


Did you get it right? I must admit that the 2 white roses with red outlines were actually made by my instructor. Yes, I can't possibly make such perfect roses, but I believe with more practise, I can achieve that in no time hehe...


Certificate of completion of the course.

Hope this piece of information help if you are looking for cake decorating classes. I have yet to enrol for course 2, as I want to take a break to absorb and practise on what I have already learnt. Perhaps I might find something else more interesting while I continue to explore other opportunities out there. So stay tune for more action!






No comments:

Post a Comment