Friday, April 16, 2010

The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course 1 - 3rd Class

21st March 2010, 11:00 am

Wilton Method Cake Decorating Course 1, 3rd Class

Class 2 Mission Status: So-so

"It's just a piece of cake, it can't be that hard."

That was what I thought when I decided to bake my own cupcakes. But no matter how many recipes I tried or how meticulously I followed the instructions, various baking problems still arised. For instance, the cupcakes tasted horrible, the batter overflowed, texture was too dense, cupcakes shrinked away from the cup etc. In the end, I was able to bake delicious and moist chocolate cupcakes with a very pleasant and sweet aroma. The only flaw was that the surface was not smooth and it shrinked away from the souffle cup. I was relief to later find out in class that the other students faced similar problems. My instructor's advice was to keep trying new recipes until we find the perfect one.

For my 3rd class, I learnt to create shells, star flowers, swirl flowers and the highlight of the day - the Wilton rose.


And then amazingly, using the star tip, my instructor easily made clowns in different poses. It's really simple, but the results are fantastic!


I decorated my cupcakes with all the techniques I have learnt and most importanly my own creativity hehe... Unfortunately, I left them in the car too long and the icing melted. I also smashed it in the container when I was driving, so here are the best pictures that I have. Believe me, it looked way better before the tragedy happened haha... 


Yes, nobody got to leave the class until homework was given. For our last class, we had to prepare a frosted 8 to 9 inches cake along with 6 to 8 roses. I knew I was going to have a tough time making the roses. This might have meant another sleepless nights but it was our last mission, so I told myself I must rise to the occasion! WuHa!

No comments:

Post a Comment